The ROOT Model F-5 and F-55 snowblades are high-speed snow removal units designed by the pioneer in underbody scraper manufacturing.
The snowblades have 20" heat-treated moldboards that can be used for most of your snow removal. There are no shoes or wheels to wear out and no lost time for plow hook-up.
Both units operate safely over crosswalks, manholes, utility boxes, etc. due to the spring-floated hydraulic cylinders.
Why ROOT is your best bet ...
- Plows snow up to 10" in depth
- Large 20" heat treated high carbon moldboard
- Moves with traffic at higher speeds
- Hydraulic down pressure
- Cuts down on driveway plugging
- Large patented safety spring trip mechanism for operation over manholes, crosswalks, catch basins and even railroad tracks
- Easy to install and simple to remove in the spring
- No operator training necessary
SPECIFICATIONS* (Metric equivalents in parentheses)
|Moldboard:||10' (3.04m), 11' (3.35m) lengths; 1/2" x 20" (1.26cm x 50cm) heat-treated high carbon steel |
|Moldboard Hinge Shaft:||1 9/16" (3.97cm) cold rolled steel|
|Hangers:||Independent, tubular type, adjustable height, secured to frame with machine bolts|
|Cutting Edge:||Standard grader sections 5" or 6" lengths (1/2" thick by 6" wide supplied)|
|Actuating Power:||1 hydraulic cylinder, direct-connected, double-acting 3" diameter by 10" stroke (7.62cm x 25.4cm) with nitrated piston rod|
|Shock Absorbers:||Moldboard to be cushioned by one heavy-duty patented cushion spring shock-absorbing assembly|
|Hydraulic:||Pressure does not exceed 600 psi|
|Mounting:||Fixed position, right or left hand discharge scraping angle 35 to 40 degrees (depending on wheel base of vehicle to which it is installed)|
|Weight:||850 lbs. (386kg)|
|Hangerboard:||Minimum of 10" x 30 lb. (25cm x 13.63kg) structural channel|
|Moldboard Hinge Shaft:||1 1/2" (3.81cm) high-carbon steel|
|Moldboard:||10' (3.04m), 11' (3.35m) or 12' (3.65m) lengths 1/2" x 20" (1.26cm x 50cm) heat-treated high carbon steel|
|Circle:||3/4" (1.9cm) steel with independently mounted side plates and 7 plowing positions|
|Shock Absorbers:||Moldboard to be cushioned by two heavy-duty patented cushion spring shock-absorbing assemblies|
|Actuating Power:||2 3" (7.62cm) diameter double-acting, horizontal-mounted hydraulic cylinders with nitrated piston rods|
|Cutting Edge:||1/2" x 6" (1.26cm x 15cm) with standard USS punching|
|Weight:||1400 lbs. (635kg)|
* Measurements are approximate. Specifications subject to change without notice.
- All actuating assemblies are located outside of truck frame for easy maintenance.
- Hydraulic cab-controlled operation.
- Scraper available with power reverse activated by 4" diameter hydraulic cylinder with locks provided by spring-loaded shear pins, hydraulic lock cylinders or dual cylinder power reverse.